Whether you are new to contracting, or a veteran looking to switch accountants, SJD strives to make contractors’ lives as simple and rewarding as possible. Since 1992, the firm has thrived on removing the accounting burden from its clients, allowing them to focus on what they do best.
As a national firm, SJD is the only specialist firm of accountants to have offices across the UK, so you can see your accountant face-to-face. The firm also has more qualified staff than any other accountancy firm.
SJD, which has been operating since 1992, is the UK’s largest firm of contractor accountants.
Main features of SJD’s accountancy packages
Alongside the standard features you should expect all accountants to provide, SJD has three packages to choose from:
The Essential package includes the core services that you need, plus:
- Your year-end accounts sorted
- Payroll bureau, which saves you time and money
- Potential to reduce your tax burden through dividend administration
- Hours saved on correspondence with HMRC — we deal with that
- No need to calculate your VAT; we do that for you every quarter
- Support with your annual returns, personal tax and corporation tax
- Fast response to your questions through your own dedicated accountant
- 24/7 access to your financial information through the SJD Online portal
- Free company formation
If you need a bit more, the Premium package may be for you. You get everything from the Essential package, plus:
- Registered office address
- Service office address
- Health care plans, eye care, and retirement planning with SJD Rewards
- Company bookkeeping service*
Still need a bit more support? The Elite package has everything from the Essential and Premium packages in addition to:
- IPSE package: (Tax investigation cover, Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Grant and Term life insurance)
- Business Insurance Package (£5m Professional Indemnity, £10m Employers Liability, £5m Public Liability)
- Free Wealth and Mortgage review
*Additional fees may apply for bookkeeping in excess of 50 transactions per month.
How much do each of your packages cost per month?
Our packages are all at fixed prices, so there’s no hidden costs to worry about. Each package costs:
- Essential: £120 + VAT
- Premium: £165 + VAT
- Elite: £195 + VAT
How long has the firm been trading?
We’ve had the privilege of supporting our clients for 27 years and counting.
How many clients do you have?
We have over 15,000 clients all around the UK.
Is the firm a member of any organisations?
Yes, we are members of the FCSA are IPSE Accredited and are MSC compliant.
What is SJD’s main aim?
We want to build a close working relationship with our clients, and for them to trust that their accounting needs are taken care of, giving them the time to focus on their work.
What advice would you give contractors looking for a new accountant?
Be aware that you will have more responsibilities than you did as an employee. This is why having an expert accountant is important.
Avoid choosing an accountant based on price alone, as tempting as it seems. Think of the phrase “if it looks too good to be true, then it is”.
For starters, cheaper firms often have hidden costs for important services, such as an IR35 contract review. So, you’re not really saving money if you need services that aren’t included in your package.
Also, some of these firms do not provide you with a dedicated accountant, meaning you could experience delays in responses to your queries.
Your career is important. It deserves more than being put in the hands of accounting firms that offer no dedicated support or have hidden costs.
What type of online accountancy do you provide?
You can access your financial information 24/7 on the SJD Online accounting portal.
Do your clients have access to a dedicated account manager?
Yes, you get your own personal accountant for any help and guidance that you need. Plus, you can meet your accountant face-to-face, and we have offices nationwide.
Click here to view our directory of leading specialist accountants.