Depreciation is the accounting term for the devaluation of assets over time. Here we look at how any assets you may buy (such as a new server or PC) are treated for tax purposes in your company accounts.
Contractor Tax Guides
- Limited company contractors have to account for company tax (Corporation Tax, VAT, Employers' NICs), and personal tax (Dividend Tax, Income Tax, Employees' NICs).
- In reality, a good accountant can take care of almost all of your company's accounting needs.
- If you're an umbrella contractor, then your tax and accounting needs are very simple, as you're taxed as a standard employee. Tax and NI deducted at source.
- How are dividends taxed?
- What is a director's loan?
- The most tax efficient salary for a director
- Limited company expenses your company can claim
- Taxes your limited company must pay
- What is the Employment Allowance?