Our IR35 calculator will work out how much more tax you will have to pay if your contract work is caught by the IR35 rules.
How to use the IR35 calculator
- Fill in the yellow boxes to calculate your net income – inside and outside IR35.
- The calculator assumes you work 5 days per week, 44 weeks per year.
- Travel expenses cover any travel, subsistence and accommodation costs incurred on contract duty, and falling within the HMRC Travel Rules for site-based employees.
- Pension contributions are payments to schemes made via your limited company.
- Your monthly and annual take home pay is displayed automatically, together with the difference between the Inside-IR35 and Outside-IR35 amounts.
Our contractors are kindly sponsored by Clever Accounts
- Read our complete guide to IR35 for background information on the Intermediaries Legislation.
- For the sake of simplicity, the calculator ignores the Employment Allowance, and Corporation Tax is applied at the prevailing rate of 19%.
- All tax rates used in the calculations are for the 2019/20 tax year.
- Our calculator was created by an ACA-qualified accountant, however you should always consult your own accountant before using any information published on our site.
You can get comprehensive tax investigation (IR35) insurance for as little as £99 per year. A comprehensive option – TLC35 – will even cover the costs of any tax liabilities you may have. Take a look at the options here at Qdos.