We have designed a series of calculators to help work out your tax liabilities, given a wide range of possible variables – including IR35, and whether you work via your own limited company, or as an umbrella company employee.
They are based on MS Excel spreadsheets we use ourselves – and converted into web applications. All calculations have been verified by our own ACA-qualified accountants.
How much tax will you pay according to different levels of salary and dividends? Typically, limited company owners remunerate themselves with lower salaries than ‘workers’, and draw down the remainder of their incomes in the form of dividends.
- 2021/22 Salary and Dividend Tax Calculator
- 2020/21 Salary and Dividend Tax Calculator
- Dividend Tax Calculator for the 2019/20 Tax Year
- Dividend Tax Calculator for the 2018/19 Tax Year
- Dividend Tax Calculator for the 2017/18 Tax Year
- Dividend Tax Calculator for the 2016/17 Tax Year (New Div Tax Rules)
- Dividend Tax Calculator for the 2015/16 Tax Year (Old Div Tax Rules)
How your take home pay is affected if your contract work is caught by the Intermediaries Legislation (IR35). This calculator compares your net take home pay between inside and outside-IR35 scenarios.
Umbrella vs. Limited
Compare your take home pay levels according to the business structure you choose. What percentage of your contract income goes to the taxman?
Limited Company Profits
How much money does your company make, after allowing for expenses and Corporation Tax? The remaining ‘retained profit’ can be legitimately distributed to shareholders.
We will be adding more contractor calculators in the near future. So do check back soon.